Brown Paper Bag Popcorn
Prep time: 2 minutes
- ½ cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon liquid vegetable oil
- salt (or other seasonings), to taste
- In a cup or small bowl, mix together the unpopped popcorn and oil. Pour the coated corn into a brown paper lunch sack, and sprinkle in your seasonings of choice. Fold the top of the bag over twice to seal in the ingredients.
- Cook in the microwave at full power for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, or until you hear pauses of about 2 seconds between pops. Carefully open the bag to avoid steam, and pour into a serving bowl.
A few kernels will remain unpopped. Longer cooking may pop the rest, but will burn some of the already-popped kernels, so it is not recommended.
Per serving: 137 calories; protein 4.1 g; carbohydrates 24.6g; fat 3.1g
Recipe source: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/87305/microwave-popcorn/