Asian Party Mix
- 2 cups crispy corn cereal squares (such as Corn Chex)
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal squares (such as Rice Chex)
- 2 cups sesame rice crackers, broken
- 1 cup tiny, fat-free pretzel twists
- 3/4 cup Wasabi peas
- 1/4 cup lightly salted dry-roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 200 °F.
- Combine the first six ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sugar and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Pour butter mixture over cereal mixture, tossing gently to coat.
- Spread the mixture onto a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cool completely before serving.
Per 1/2 cup serving: 116 calories; 3.7g fat; 18.6g carbs; 2.9g protein; 1.2g fiber; 269mg sodium
Recipe from Cooking Light, December 2001