Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
This is the taste of pumpkin pie in a glass, with fewer calories!
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1/3 cup fat-free, plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3-4 ice cubes
- In a food processor or blender, process all the ingredients for one minute, or until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into a glass. Serve immediately.
- Keeping the can of pumpkin in the refrigerator before using it isn’t necessary, but it helps make a colder smoothie.
- Make sure to buy 100% pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling or mix, which looks similar but can have added sugar.
- Fat-free plain Greek yogurt, which has a tangier taste and more protein than non-Greek yogurt, can be substituted for the fat-free plain yogurt.
Calories 199; Total Fat 1.5g; Saturated Fat 0.5g; Cholesterol 3mg; Sodium 106mg; Total Carbohydrate 38g; Total Sugars 26g; Protein 11g; Dietary Fiber 6g
Recipe source: https://recipes.heart.org/en/recipes/pumpkin-spice-smoothie