Turnip Greens and White Bean Saute
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large leeks (or 1 cup ramps), sliced
- 1 large bunch turnip greens*, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup stock (chicken, beef or vegetable)
- 15 ounces (1 can) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces (1 can) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, or more to taste
*Any hearty greens will taste great in this dish, such as collards, kale, spinach or beet greens.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add leeks and sauté until just beginning to brown and soften.
- Stir in greens and stock.
- Stir occasionally over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
- When greens have softened, stir in the beans and pepper flakes and heat until warmed through.
- Spoon into a serving dish and top with parmesan cheese.
Nutrition: Turnip greens or any greens are packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals.