Summer Corn & Edamame Succotash Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, husks and silk removed (or ~1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed)
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen shelled edamame
- 1 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 5-6 medium basil leaves, chiffonaded (OPTIONAL)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Set a large pot of water over high heat. Bring to a boil. Carefully add the corn cobs. Boil for three minutes. Remove with tongs and set aside to cool a bit. Add the edamame. Cook for three minutes. Drain and let cool for a bit.
- Cut the corn kernels off the cob. Add them to the bowl along with the cooled edamame. Add the cherry tomatoes, onion and basil (if desired).
- Drizzle in the olive oil and vinegar. Add 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Toss well. Taste and add additional pepper if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. (Keeps well for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.)
Per serving: Calories: 93kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 7g
Recipe source: https://www.kitchentreaty.com/summer-corn-edamame-salad/