Simple Persian Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cucumbers (seeded, diced)
- 4 medium tomatoes (diced)
- 1 medium red onion (diced)
- 2 Tbsp. fat-free feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh mint or parsley
- 1/2 tsp. mint or parsley
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Mix cucumber, tomatoes, onion, feta and herbs in a bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, oil and pepper - whisk well.
- Pour over vegetable mixture and serve.
Serve this tasty salad from the Middle East featuring cucumbers, onions, herbs, feta cheese and citrus fruit!
Per serving: 88 calories; 4 g fat; 13 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 86 mg sodium
Recipe source: https://recipes.heart.org/en/recipes/simple-persian-salad