Roasted Brussels Sprouts (from Frozen)
Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Two 10 or 12 ounce bags frozen Brussels sprouts (keep frozen until use)
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Any herbs/spices you enjoy (garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, etc.)
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of your oven. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and place it on the lower rack. Preheat the oven to 450°F with the sheet pan in it. You want there to be plenty of room for the sprouts, so if you think they will be crowded, use two sheet pans and bake them on the upper and lower racks instead.
- Once the oven is heated, remove the sheet pan from the oven and carefully pour the Brussels sprouts into the center. With the spatula, spread them out, then return the pan to the lower rack. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Drizzle the sprouts with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. With a spoon or spatula, stir to coat. Return the pan to the lower rack (if you are using two pans, switch their positions on the upper and lower racks). Continue baking for 10-15 additional minutes, until the sprouts are browned on the outside and tender on the inside. Enjoy!
Re-warm leftovers on a baking sheet in the oven at 350°F until hot or in the microwave.
Per serving: 110 calories; 9g fat; 7g carbohydrates; 2g protein; 3g fiber; 290mg sodium
Recipe source: https://www.wellplated.com/roasted-frozen-brussels-sprouts/