Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 1 jalapeno
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup cotija cheese (or parmesan cheese)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice (juice from one lime)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Prepare corn by shucking it and then grilling the ears either on a gas or charcoal grill or over an open flame until slightly charred (see notes). When cool enough to handle, remove corn from the cob using a sharp knife.
- Grill jalapeno until skin is charred and black in some areas. Chop jalapeno removing seeds and ribs for less heat.
- In a large bowl combine corn, chopped jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, cotija cheese, olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper and cayenne. Gently toss. Serve with a few extra lime wedges and an extra sprinkle of cheese and cilantro.
- Will keep for up to 5 days in fridge.
You can char the corn on a gas stovetop or indoor cast iron skillet.
Per serving: 210 calories; 2 g fiber; 27 g carbohydrates; 271 mg sodium
Recipe source: www.abraskitchen.com