Prep time: 10 minutes
Servings: 16 - ½ cups
- 1 tbsp butter
- 14 oz. boxed stuffing mix (like Stove Top Savory Herbs Stuffing Mix)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup mushroom, diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- poultry seasoning, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large saute pan. Once heated, add butter, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic and sautee. Cook until the veggies are almost tender and then add the mushrooms.
- Once the most of the liquid has cooked out of the mushrooms, remove the pan from the heat. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, add the boxed stuffing mix and veggies and toss together. Season with pepper and poultry seasoning (if desired) and add chicken broth, mixing until moist but not soaking.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and the add stuffing mixture to the dish and cover with foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes, then uncover and cook an additional 10 minutes or until slightly crispy on top.
Per serving: Calories 106 kcal; Carbohydrates 20.3g; Protein 2.8g; Fat 1.4g; Sodium 406mg; Fiber 3.9g