Prep time: 50 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound peeled Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper marked as safe for high heat baking. Spray the parchment paper with oil.
- Grate the potatoes and chop the onion.
- Place the shredded potatoes and the chopped onion in a colander over a bowl and press firmly with your hands, repeatedly, to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Empty the bowl from the liquid, wipe with a paper towel, and transfer the potato/onion mixture to the bowl.
- In another small bowl, beat the egg with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the egg mixture to the potato mixture and stir, then add the flour and stir to combine.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the prepared baking sheet, forming 12 very thin pancakes - press with your hands to flatten the patties as much as you can while keeping their shape.
- Generously spray the latkes with oil.
- Bake the latkes for 15 minutes, until crisp and deep golden brown on the bottom. Remove pan from oven, flip the latkes to the other side, spray again with oil, and bake 10-15 more minutes, until crisp and deep golden brown on the second side. Serve immediately.
Enjoy with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt or sour cream!
Per serving: 99 calories; 4 g protein; 20 g carbohydrates; 330 mg sodium
Recipe source: https://www.healthyrecipeblogs.com