Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Sauce
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, white ends trimmed off (about 1 pound)
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon whipped butter
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Arrange asparagus spears in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish (or similar).
- Coat the top of the asparagus with cooking spray, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake asparagus until tender (about 10 minutes depending on the thickness of spears).
- Melt butter is a small, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in the soy sauce and vinegar to make sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the baked asparagus spears and serve.
Nutrition per serving: 47 calories; 2.2g fat; 6g carbs; 3g protein; 2.5g fiber.
Recipe from medicinenet.com