Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup water
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (about 12-14 ounces each)
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- diced tomato
- diced avocado or guacamole
- low-fat sour cream
- Brown ground beef, chopped onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain grease and add the taco seasoning and salsa.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook for about five more minutes until mixture has thickened and is heated through. Add up to 1/2 cup of water to achieve desired consistency.
- While the meat is cooking, poke holes all over the sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave for 8-10 minutes on high, turning sweet potatoes over once halfway through. If potatoes aren't soft enough, continue cooking 1-3 minutes more. I usually cook two potatoes at one time, but if your microwave allows, you could cook all four at once. Allow sweet potatoes to cool slightly, then slice them lengthwise and fluff the insides with a fork.
- Spoon the cooked taco meat over the sweet potatoes and add desired toppings such as shredded cheese, diced tomato, avocado, guacamole, or sour cream. Enjoy!
These Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes will take your taco night to a new and healthy level! Nutritious sweet potatoes are filled with your favorite taco toppings and ready in under 20 minutes. The perfect quick and healthy dinner!
Per serving: **Does NOT include toppings. Calories: 493kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 1294mg | Potassium: 1764mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 49240IU | Vitamin C: 15.1mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 5.6mg