Spicy Stir Fried Broccoli and Peanuts
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water (divided)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce (divided)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli crowns (trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Whisk peanut butter, 1/4 cup water, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and vinegar in a medium bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- Add broccoli and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to soften and brown in spots (about 6 minutes).
- Add remaining 1/4 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce to the pan along with bell pepper and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the pepper has softened and the liquid has evaporated, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the reserved peanut sauce and season with crushed red pepper.
- Garnish with peanuts.
Nutrition per serving: 319 calories; 22g carbs; 11g protein; 6g fiber
Recipe from EatingWell