Spanish Baked Fish
This delicious fish will pair well with spaghetti squash, when in season, and whole wheat pasta or brown rice the rest of the year.
- 1 pound perch fillets, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 onion (small)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease the baking dish with butter or margarine.
- Separate the fish into 4 fillets or pieces.
- Put the fish pieces in the baking dish.
- Peel the onion and cut it into slices.
- Stir the onion, tomato sauce and spices together in a small bowl.
- Pour the onion-spice mix evenly over the fish pieces.
- Bake about 10 to 20 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Per serving: Calories: 129; Total Fat 3 g; Saturated Fat: 0 g; Total Carbohydrate: 7 g; Fiber: 2 g; Protein: 18 g; Sodium: 622 mg