Slow Cooker Sausage, Spinach and White Bean Soup
So hearty, so comforting and so easy to make right in the crockpot with just 10 minutes of prep. Easy peasy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package of turkey sausage, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage, and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place sausage, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, beans, oregano and bay leaves into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in chicken broth and 2 cups water until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. Stir in spinach until wilted.
- Serve immediately.
Per serving: 319 calories; 29g carbohydrates; 16.6g protein; 15.8g fat; 453mg sodium
Recipe source: https://damndelicious.net/2015/03/21/slow-cooker-sausage-spinach-and-white-bean-soup/