Slawesome Hawaiian Style Turkey Sliders
Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/3 cup pineapple diced
- 1/4 cup avocado, diced
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin powder
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh green chile pepper
- Salt to taste
- Hawaiian glaze (see recipe below)
- 1 package DOLE Slawesome Sweet Apple Kit
- 6 whole grain slider rolls
- Stir together pineapple and avocado, set aside. Mix together turkey, cilantro, curry, cumin and green chiles. Divide turkey into six burgers. Make a well in the center of each burger and fill with 1 tablespoon of pineapple-avocado mixture. Close the turkey around the filling and arrange on a baking pan. Reserve remaining pineapple-avocado mixture.
- Spoon Hawaiian glaze on top of the burgers. Broil for 10 minutes, flip burgers over and spread on remaining glaze.
- Prepare DOLE Slawesome Sweet Apple kit according to package directions.
- Arrange burgers on slider buns. Top with sweet apple coleslaw. Serve remaining pineapple avocado and coleslaw mixture on the side.
- Hawaiian Glaze: Combine 1/2 cup diced pineapple, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon honey, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, in blender. Cover; blend until smooth.
Serving size 225 g
330 calories; 11 g fat; 2 g saturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 55 mg cholesterol; 460 mg sodium; 570 mg potassium; 34 g carbohydrate; 6 g fiber; 12 g sugars; 27 g protein