Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken with Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
This is one of the easiest dinners you can make, and you’ll love the easy clean up! You get tender, bright lemony chicken breasts and flavorful parmesan-coated broccoli. It's a dinner the whole family will love!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Marinating Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Chicken and marinade
- 4 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley and lemon slices, for garnish (optional)
- 1 1/4 lbs. broccoli crowns, chopped into bite-size florets (about 5 cups florets)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan (the fine powdered cheese)
- Pound thicker portion of chicken breast with the flat side of a meat mallet to even out their thickness. Add chicken to a gallon size resealable bag.
- In a small bowl whisk together 3 Tbsp oil, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning and season with 1 1/4 tsp salt and 3/4 tsp pepper.
- Pour marinade over chicken, seal bag while removing excess air. Rub marinade around the chicken after sealing bag. Transfer to refrigerator and let rest at least 15 minutes (or up to 4 hours).
- During those 15 minutes, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray an 18x3-inch rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place broccoli on baking sheet, toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil and the garlic and season with salt. Spread into an even layer covering about 2/3 of the baking sheet (as pictured).
- Remove chicken from marinade in bag and transfer to the remaining space on the baking sheet in a single layer. (Optional: spoon the garlic from the marinade over the chicken as well).
- Roast in preheated oven until each chicken breast registers 165 degrees in center and broccoli is tender and nicely browned in spots, about 16-22 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle broccoli with parmesan. Then sprinkle chicken with parsley if desired, and garnish with lemon slices. Season chicken with more salt to taste as desired. Serve warm.
470 Calories; 31g Fat; 6g Saturated Fat; 3g Polyunsaturated Fat; 6g Monounsaturated Fat; 95mg Cholesterol; 176mg Sodium; 11g Carbohydrates; 3g Fiber; Sugar 2g; 35g Protein
Recipe source: https://www.cookingclassy.com/sheet-pan-lemon-chicken-with-parmesan-roasted-broccoli/