Penne with Shrimp
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Ready in 35 minutes
- 1 (16-ounce) package penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender. Mix in wine and tomatoes, and continue cooking 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix shrimp into the skillet, and cook five minutes, or until opaque. Toss with pasta and top with Parmesan cheese to serve.
Per Serving: 385 calories; 8.5g fat; 48.5g carbohydrates; 24.5g protein; 95mg cholesterol; 399mg sodium