Healthified Classic American Cheeseburger Sliders
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 4 large mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup salad greens, finely shredded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (90-93% lean)
- 3/4 tsp Montreal steak seasoning, less sodium
- 5 slices cheddar cheese, thinly sliced and halved
- 10 whole wheat slider buns
- 1 large tomato (or 2 Roma tomatoes), sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Preheat the grill (indoor or outdoor).
- Combine the mushrooms, salad greens, garlic and ground meat to blend. (Avoid over-manipulating the beef as this can make the meat tough.)
- Begin forming 10 small patties, about 2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch tall. Place completed patties onto a clean plate.
- Season tops of burger patties with half of steak seasoning. Flip and season reverse side.
- Place on grill and heat to at least 160°F internal temperature. Patties should be well-browned with no visible pink.
- Remove from grill and straight way add cheese on top of burger patty (so it well melt nicely).
- If there is space on your grill, add slider buns to the grill during the last minute of cooking for a warm, grilled bun. If there is not space, add these to the grill after the burger patties are removed and the grates have been scraped.
- Assemble your burgers! Add burger patty to slider bun and top with tomato, lettuce and avocado. (Option to "mash" your avocado onto the top of your slider bun so it stays in place easier while you eat.)
Per serving: Calories 214, Total Fat 10g, Sodium 286mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g, Protein 16g
Recipe source: https://www.staceymattinson.com/2017/05/healthy-classic-american-cheeseburger/