Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 zucchini, about 7-inches long, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, rinsed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, rinsed and sliced
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, minced (about 1 clove)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, rinsed, dried and minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Add chicken, and sauté for about 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add zucchini, eggplant, onion, green pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, basil, parsley and black pepper.
- Stir and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Tip: Serve with a side of whole-wheat pasta.
Nutrition: Serves 4 (serving size is 1 1/2 cup)
Per serving: 266 calories; 8g fat; 2g saturated fat; 66mg cholesterol; 253mg sodium; 6g fiber; 30g protein; 21g carbs
Recipe from Keep the Beat U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services