Beefy Macaroni and Cheese
The tomatoes in this dish provide extra vitamin C and B vitamins, while the Eating Smart Seasoning Mix gives you the option of adding flavor without adding additional salt.
- ¾ pound ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup macaroni, uncooked
- 1 can diced tomatoes, canned, undrained
- 7 Servings Eating Smart Seasoning Mix (1/2 cup or 8 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- salt (optional, to taste)
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet and drain the fat.
- Add water, macaroni, tomatoes and seasoning mix. Stir.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Remove from heat and add ½ cup grated cheese.
- Taste; then add a small amount of salt if needed.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Calories: 296; Total fat: 12g; Saturated fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 68g; Sodium: 258mg; Carbohydrates: 22g; Dietary fiber: 3g; Total sugars: 3g
Recipe source: MyPlate.gov