BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Bowls
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped into ½” chunks
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped into 1” chunks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil divided
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder or chili powder
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 c. BBQ sauce divided
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Add the sweet potatoes and onions to a lined sheet pan. Toss them with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, garlic powder and chipotle powder. Toss until well combined. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Toss the sweet potatoes and push to one side of the pan. Add the broccoli and toss with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Add the chicken breasts and brush with 1/4 c. BBQ sauce. Bake an additional 15-20 minutes at 400° until the chicken is done.
- Remove the pan from the oven and shred the chicken breasts using two forks. Toss the chicken with the remaining BBQ sauce. Add to bowls along with the roasted vegetables and serve immediately.
This easy sheet pan recipe is perfect for meal prepping lunches for work or a quick weeknight meal.
Per serving: Calories 447 kcal; Carbohydrates 53g; Protein 34g; Fat 13g; Sodium 1,158mg
Recipe source: https://www.thecreativebite.com/bbq-chicken-roasted-sweet-potato-bowls/