Baked Chicken Nuggets
Make chicken nuggets at home using cereal crumbs, spices and herbs.
- 5 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless (5-6 medium thighs)
- 1 cup cereal crumbs, cornflake type
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Remove skin and bone; cut thighs into bite-sized pieces.
- Place cornflakes in plastic bag and crush by using a rolling pin.
- Add remaining ingredients to crushed cornflakes. Close bag tightly and shake until blended.
- Add a few chicken pieces at a time to crumb mixture. Shake to coat evenly.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a cooking sheet.
- Place chicken pieces on cooking sheet so they are not touching.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12-14 minutes.
To remove bone from chicken thigh:
- Place chicken on cutting board. Remove skin from thighs.
- Turn chicken thighs over.
- Cut around bone and remove it.
Calories: 141; Total fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 84mg; Sodium: 344mg; Carbohydrates: 7g; Dietary fiber: 1g; Protein 17g
Recipe source: MyPlate.gov