Baked Chicken Chimichangas
These baked chicken chimichangas are a healthier twist on the old classic chimichanga.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 6 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Diced tomato, low-fat sour cream, guacamole, salsa and shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano, cheese and onions. Place about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla.
- Fold opposite sides over filling. Roll up from bottom and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
- Spray with cooking spray. Bake at 400° F for 25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Garnish with desired toppings and serve with salsa on the side.
Per serving: 350 calories; 17.2 g fat; 28 g carbohydrates; 21 g protein; 827 mg sodium