Apple and Chicken Salad
A deliciously balanced blend of crisp Cameo apples, celery, raisins, chicken breast and Greek yogurt-based dressing, served over a bed of lettuce
- 2 red apples (such as Cameo apples)
- 2 celery stalks (diced)
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 lettuce leaves (bibb, romaine, green or red leaf)
- Cut apples in quarters; remove core and chop.
- In a medium size bowl, mix all ingredients, except lettuce.
- To serve, arrange lettuce on serving plates, top with apple and chicken salad.
Weekly menu planning tip: When you're planning dinner with chicken, cook up extra chicken breast and refrigerate for later use in this salad. Serve with 8 ounces non-fat milk and one slice rustic whole grain bread.
Nutrition per serving: 290 calories; 8g fat; 34g carbs; 25g protein; 4g fiber; 330mg sodium; 553mg potassium
Recipe from USDA