Healthy Hot Chocolate
Prep Time: 2 minutes
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup plus additional to taste
- Tiny pinch of kosher salt or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk until just simmering. Whisk in the cocoa powder, maple syrup and salt. Add the chocolate chips and vanilla. Whisk and heat until the chocolate is melted and smoothly combined.
- Taste and add more maple syrup if you'd like it sweeter.
Sweet and creamy healthy hot chocolate. A low-fat version of classic hot chocolate made with milk, cocoa powder and vanilla.
Per serving: 160 calories; 16g carbohydrates; 3g protein; 10g fat; 10g sugar
Recipe source: https://www.wellplated.com/healthy-hot-chocolate/