Easy Dairy-free Eggnog
Prep time: 10 minutes
Servings: 11 (1/2 cup)
- 3 cups dairy-free milk
- 1 14-oz can light coconut milk
- 4-6 Tbsp maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom (optional)
- To a blender, add 3 cups dairy-free milk, coconut milk, 4 Tbsp maple syrup, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, vanilla extract and cardamom (optional).
- Blend on high until creamy and smooth — 1-2 minutes. Then taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more spices for warmth, or maple syrup for sweetness.
- Enjoy cold, over ice, or hot by heating over medium heat until warm. Serve as is or with whipped cream and a pinch more cinnamon or nutmeg.
Transfer remaining eggnog to a jar for storing. Leftovers should keep in the refrigerator up to 4 to 5 days. Or freeze into ice cubes and store up to 1 month. Shake well before serving — a little separation is natural.
Per serving: 117 calories; 1.1 g protein; 9.2 g fat; 7.5 g carbohydrates; 0.3 g fiber; 44 mg sodium
Recipe source: https://minimalistbaker.com/easy-vegan-eggnog/