Prep Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 6 (1/2 cup) servings
- 1 small seedless sweet watermelon
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons honey, optional
- To freeze fresh watermelon, cut the watermelon into small cubes and place pieces onto a baking sheet. Be sure to spread out the pieces so that they do not touch each other. Place the baking sheet into the freezer for a few hours or until the watermelon is firm to the touch.
- In a high-powered blender (or food processor), blend 3 cups frozen watermelon cubes, yogurt, milk and lemon juice until smooth and creamy, scraping down the mixture as needed. Add honey if needed for additional sweetness.
- Serve immediately or freeze to enjoy later.
Made with just five simple ingredients, this frozen treat is the best way to cool off on a hot summer day.
Per serving: 179 calories; 1.3 g fat; 41.7 g carbohydrates; 5.6 g protein; 16.7 mg sodium