Sweet Potato Pie
Prep time: 2 hours
- 1.5 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons light butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, not packed
- ½ cup 1% milk*
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie crust
Step 1: Boil sweet potatoes whole in skin for 50 to 55 minutes, or until soft. Run cold water over the sweet potatoes, and remove skin. Blend potatoes in a blender and pulse for about one minute to remove all fibers.
Step 2: Place sweet potatoes in a bowl. Add butter, and mix well. Using an electric mixer, mix in sugar, milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
Step 3: Bake at 350° F for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Enjoy!
Serve with some vanilla frozen yogurt or cool whip!
*You can use an alternative such as skim milk, almond milk, etc.
Per serving: 208 calories; 3.5 g protein; 38 g carbohydrates; 41 mg sodium
Recipe source: https://www.skinnytaste.com/