Strawberry Banana Nice Cream
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 large serving
- 1 medium (7") banana, cut into slices and frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen whole hulled strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until the texture resembles soft serve ice cream, about 3 minutes. You may need to scrape the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula occasionally.
- Serve immediately, or freeze for 10-15 minutes to solidify.
If you've never heard of banana soft serve before, the concept couldn't be any simpler. Freeze some banana slices, and then when they're frozen solid, pulse them in a food processor until you get an end result that is almost exactly the same texture as soft serve ice cream - you'd never know it was only bananas!
Per serving: 135 calories; 0.6 g fat; 32.8 g carbohydrates; 1.7 g protein; 4.5 g fiber; 2 mg sodium