Homemade Strawberry Popsicles
Prep Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- 2 pounds ripe, fresh strawberries (washed and hulled)
- Popsicle sticks
- Cut about 5-6 of the strawberries into thin slices and reserve to decorate molds.
- Cut the rest of the strawberries into halves or quarters and blend them until you have a puree.
- Place the sliced strawberries in the popsicle molds; try to stick them to the edges. This will give the popsicles a fun, fruity look.
- Pour the strawberry puree into the popsicle molds, cover and insert the popsicle sticks. If you are using small cups as popsicle molds you can cover them with foil and insert the popsicle sticks through the foil to keep them in place. Or let them freeze for about an hour and then add the sticks.
- Place the popsicles in the freezer for about 3-4 hours or until fully frozen. To make it easier to remove, you can dip the bottom of the mold in lukewarm water for about 10-20 seconds.
Strawberries are an excellent source of vitamin C which is necessary for immune and skin health. They also contain manganese, which is important for many processes in the body. Folate (important for cell function) and potassium (regulates blood pressure) are both found in strawberries as well. They are very rich in antioxidants which can be beneficial for heart health and blood sugar control.
Per serving: 40 calories; 3g fiber; 9g carbohydrates; 111% vitamin C
Recipe source: https://www.laylita.com