Harvest Sweet Potato Pecan Pie Tarts
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup firmly packaged brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 2 (2.1 oz.) packages of mini phyllo shells (such as Athens)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Combine sweet potato, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt, stirring well.
- Combine pecans, brown sugar, syrup, vanilla and egg white, stirring well.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of sweet potato mixture into each phyllo shell, spreading to edges. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon pecan mixture over sweet potato mixture. Place filled shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 °F for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Serves 15 (serving size 2 tarts)
Per serving: 89 calories; 3.9g fat; 0.6g protein; 13.1g carbs; 0.5g fiber; 55mg sodium
Recipe from Cooking Light, November 2005