Prep Time: 5 minutes
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk, or more as needed
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave until melted, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Combine melted chocolate chips, garbanzo beans, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Add almond milk 1 Tablespoon at a time while blending to desired smoothness.
Wondering what to dip in chocolate hummus? There are many possibilities! You could try fruit such as strawberries, raspberries, orange slices, apples, bananas and more. Dried fruits such as dried figs and apricots would also work. Some other dipper options could be pretzels, graham crackers and animal crackers.
Per serving: 48 calories; 2 g fiber; 9 g carbohydrates; 122 mg sodium
Recipe source: https://www.allrecipes.com