Banana Bread II
Prep Time: 1 hour
- 3 bananas (large, well-ripened)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk, fat-free
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Peel the bananas. Put them in a mixing bowl. Mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the egg, oil, milk, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix well with the fork.
- Slowly stir the flour into the banana mixture. Stir for 20 seconds until the flour is moistened.
- Lightly grease the bread pan with a little oil -OR- cooking spray -OR- line it with wax paper.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for 5 minutes before removing it from the pan.
The key to good banana bread is to use well-ripened bananas that are covered with brown speckles. Try using half whole wheat flour to add some fiber.
Per serving: 137 calories; 3 g fat; 26 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber
Recipe source: www.choosemyplate.gov