Veggie Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
Prep Time: 1 hour
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup low or no-fat milk
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 lb. frozen cut leaf spinach
- 1/2 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers
- 6 English muffins
- 6 slices reduced-fat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and pepper.
- Thaw the spinach (you can use the microwave), then squeeze out the excess moisture. Take the peppers out of the liquid in the jar, then slice into thin strips. Cut the pepper strips cross-wise into smaller pieces. Stir the spinach and peppers into the egg mixture.
- Coat an 8x9- or 8x12-inch casserole dish with non-stick spray. Pour the egg and vegetable mixture into the dish. Bake the eggs for about 30 minutes, or until the center is set and the outer edges are slightly browned. Allow the eggs to cool, then slice into six pieces.
- Build the sandwiches by adding one piece of the baked eggs and one slice of cheese to each English muffin. Wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap or a fold top sandwich bag, then place all the sandwiches in a gallon sized freezer bag. Freeze for up to two months.
- To reheat, unwrap the sandwich, place on a microwave-safe plate, then microwave on the defrost setting for one minute. Following the defrost, heat on high for 30 seconds at a time until heated through. Or, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and simply microwave on high until heated through.
Meal prep six days of breakfast at once with these veggie packed freezer-ready breakfast sandwiches to stay on track on those busy mornings!
Per serving: 307 calories; 11 g fat; 33 g carbohydrates; 21 g protein; 5 g fiber; 919 mg sodium
Recipe source: https://www.budgetbytes.com/veggie-packed-freezer-ready-breakfast-sandwiches/