Banana Bread Overnight Oats
Total Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Put the bananas in a large container with a lid. Using a potato masher or a fork, mash them until smooth.
- Add the milk, oats, half the walnuts, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Combine thoroughly. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- To serve, divide the oat mixture into four serving dishes, such as Mason jars or glass containers with lids. Top each serving with the remaining chopped walnuts. The overnight oats will last up to 5 days covered in the refrigerator. The oats will continue to soften the longer they sit.
Serving size: ¼ of recipe (1 container)
Per serving: Calories 458, Fat 15g, Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 3mg, Sodium 370mg, Carbohydrate 63mg, Fiber 8g, Sugars 23g, Protein 15g
Recipe source: https://www.heart.org/-/media/healthy-living-files/healthy-eating/summer_2021_heart_check_recipe_booklet.pdf