Applesauce Oat Muffins
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 1¼ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1¼ cups unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners or grease with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, applesauce, milk, egg, vanilla, butter and sugar.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cranberries or raisins.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the applesauce mixture. Stir just until combined (don’t overmix!)
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Don’t over bake or the muffins will be dry. Remove them to a cooling rack. Cool completely before freezing in a ziplock freezer bag.
You can substitute craisins or chocolate chips for raisins.
Per serving: 146 calories; 2 g protein; 23 g carbohydrates; 147 mg sodium
Recipe source: https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/