Spicy Edamame Dip
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 (14 oz.) bag frozen edamame, cooked and cooled (about 2 1/2 cups)
- Juice of 1 lemon (or lime)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (see notes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (see notes)
- Cook the edamame according to the package directions. Let cool slightly.
- Add the edamame and the remaining ingredients to the bowl of a food processor. Cover and mix until the mixture is smooth and well combined, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. If the mixture is too thick, add a splash or two of water to get it to a good consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. It's great with crackers, pita chips or pita bread and fresh veggies.
The edamame for this recipe needs to be cooked and cooled slightly, so please plan accordingly.
You can substitute sour cream in place of the Greek yogurt. Or if you need this to be dairy-free and/or vegan, skip the Greek yogurt and use a little extra lemon juice and olive oil.
You can adjust the heat by adding more or less cayenne.
This dip will keep for up to a week in the fridge.
Per serving: 55 calories; 2 g protein; 5 g fat; 2 g carbohydrates; 1 g sugar
Recipe source: https://www.familyfoodonthetable.com