5-Minute Homemade Guacamole
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Halve the avocados and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and place in a medium bowl. Mash the avocado against the sides of the bowl until it's chunky (or desired consistency).
- Add the lime juice, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, tomato, salt, and pepper and stir gently to combine.
- Serve with whole grain chips or use to top tacos, fajitas, and more!
Guacamole is best served immediately to prevent oxidation, but if you make it a few hours ahead, reserve the pits from the avocados and nestle them into the guacamole and cover with plastic wrap.
Calories: 169 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 309mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 10g Protein: 2g
Recipe source: https://flavorthemoments.com/5-minute-homemade-guacamole/