Tennessee Archaeological Advisory Council
The Tennessee Archaeological Advisory Council consists of eleven members appointed by the Governor for five-year terms.
Upcoming Meeting Details: (1/15/2020)
January 17, 2020
1:30 pm in a venue TBD on the campus of Middle Tennessee State University. Please contact State Archaeologist Mike Moore by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (615-687-4776) with questions.
No meeting scheduled for February.
- five anthropologists representing the University of Tennessee, University of Memphis, Vanderbilt University, Middle Tennessee State University and East Tennessee State University;
- one representative from the Tennessee Historical Commission;
- one representative from a recognized archaeological association in Tennessee;
- three members of Native American descent and representative of the Native American community in Tennessee;
- one member from the public at large.
Commissioned under T.C.A. 11-6-103.
The statute authorizing this board expires June 30, 2022 and the one-year wind-down period begins.
|Jan Simek||06-30-2023||University of Tennessee|
|Cindy Yahola||06-30-2023||Native American Community|
|Dr. David Dye||06-30-2020||University of Memphis
|Jeremy Kaunisto||06-30-2022||Native American Community|
|Chris Widga||06-30-2021||East Tennessee State University|
|Georgia Dennis||12-31-2022||Archaeological Association|
|J. Lauren Webb||06-30-2023||Public-at-Large|
|Dr. Kevin Smith,, Chairman||06-30-2022||Middle Tennessee State University|
|Toye Heape||12-31-2022||Tennessee Historical Commission|
|Betsey Robinson||06-30-2022||Vanderbilt University|
|Dr. William Rex Weeks, Jr.||06-30-2020||Native American Community|
This Page Last Updated: January 16, 2020 at 1:49 PM