Compliance Advisory Panel
Meeting Details: (Revised 09/29/2021)
October 22, 2021 - 1:30 to 2:30 PM CT - Virtual MS Teams
The federal Clean Air Act as amended requires each state to establish a Compliance Advisory Panel as part of their Small Business Environmental Assistance Program (SBEAP).
Purposes for the required Compliance Advisory Panel are:
- render advisory opinions about the technical assistance program, difficulties encountered, and the degree and severity of enforcement.
- make periodic reports to the EPA Administrator about the state program’s compliance with the Paperwork Reduction Act, and the Equal Access to Justice Act.
- review information provided to small business sources to assure the information is understandable by the layperson.
As required in the Act, the Panel will review the SBEAP activities and assess effectiveness. Members will assist the development and review of reports on Program activities. The Panel will make periodic reports to EPA and the Air Pollution Control Board on SBEAP activities and their assessment. The Panel will review Program materials to determine understandability by small business owners. Additionally, the Panel will review Program service delivery to assess compliance with federal statutes.
The Act requires a Panel of not less than seven (7) members with the following membership appointments:
- Two appointments by Governor of non business owners/representatives
- Two appointments by the State Senate of small business owners/representatives
- Two appointments by the State House of small business owners/representatives
- One appointment by Environmental Commissioner to represent the Agency
Commissioned under U.S. Code Title 42, Chapter 85, Subchapter (Title) V, Section 507, § 7661f of the Clean Air Act as amended.
|James Benjamin Hill, Jr.||Governor appointment of non-business owners|
|Robert C. Wingfield, Jr.||Governor appointment of non-business owners|
|Kerry Mattox||State Senate appointment of small business owners (Majority Leader)|
|Allen Sparkman||State Senate appointment of small business owners (Minority Leader)|
|Sizwe Herring||State House appointment of small business owners (Democratic Leader)|
|Peter Avisto||State House appointment of small business owners (Republican Leader)|
|Lacey Hardin||TDEC Commissioner appointment|
This Page Last Updated: September 29, 2021 at 2:27 PM