Applying For Services

Who Can Apply for Services?

Any custodial parent, non-custodial parent or caretaker of a child who needs the services offered by the Child Support Program may apply for services regardless of income.

How Do I Apply for Services?

If you are a recipient of Families First/TANF benefits, the Department of Human Services (DHS) will automatically refer your case to the local child support office. Your local child support office will contact you when the referral is received. If you have questions regarding your child support case, you should contact your local child support office.  Click Child Support Offices to find the office which serves the county in which you live.

You may apply for child support services by completing an online application and navigating to the Child Support application, or by downloading and printing an Application for Child Support Services.

When you click on the online application link above, you will first need to create a One DHS Customer Portal account. Once the account is set-up you may complete the on-line application from the portal dashboard. To protect your privacy, when entering your SSN on the application, only the last four digits of your SSN can be seen. It will display as XXX-XX-1234. When you click save or next button, the system will save your complete SSN into our database.

Submit your completed application online or print and sign the above application and fax, mail or take it in-person to your local child support office for processing. Click Child Support Offices to find the office which serves the county in which you live. If you have any additional questions regarding the application process, your local child support office will be happy to assist you.

Is there a cost for receiving child support services?

If a family has never received Families First/TANF benefits, effective October 1, 2018, Federal statute requires that states charge an annual fee of $35.00 for child support services. This fee is collected after $550 in child support payments have been received in the case. Again, this is an annual fee that is taken once a year.

If a family has been recipients of Families First/TANF benefits, they are not required to pay the annual fee of $35 dollars.

Click here to view: Helpful Documentation When Applying for Child Support Services

For more help, contact the TDHS Child Support Customer Service Unit at