DHS Mission, Vision and Core Values
Over the past few years, the Tennessee Department of Human Services has been on a trajectory to connect more with customers, DHS employees, and all of our partners. We’ve reached many of our goals, and can truly say we’ve made our mission possible, but we aren't done yet! The video above touches on how we plan to continue transforming.
To build strong families by connecting Tennesseans to employment, education and support services.
To revolutionize the customer experience through innovation and a seamless network of services.
DHS Core Values
- High Performance
- Continuous Improvement
- A Shared Vision
- Customer-Centered Solutions
The Tennessee Department of Human Services will:
- Maintain the trust of our customers, partners, and the public by demonstrating excellence in service delivery, results, and effective fiscal stewardship;
- Operate from a strength perspective;
- Operate in a manner that reflects the importance of public-private partnerships in human service;
- Maintain ongoing efforts to be a learning organization;
- Be transparent, agile, innovative, and responsive;
- Engage employees and customers as strategic partners; and
- Recruit, retain, and reward high performing employees.