DHS Mission, Core Values, and Service Philosophy
To offer temporary economic assistance, work opportunities, and protective services to improve the lives of Tennesseans.
The Department’s vision is to be a leader in effectively partnering with human service customers in establishing or re-establishing self-sufficiency to create a better quality of life.
Our Core Values
- Mission Driven
- Customer Focused
- Respect & Integrity
- Accountability & Responsibility
Tennessee Department of Human Services will:
- Maintain the trust of our customers, partners, and the public by demonstrating excellence in service delivery, results, and effective fiscal stewardship.
- Operate from a strength perspective.
- Operate in a manner that reflects the importance of public-private partnerships in human service.
- Maintain ongoing efforts to be a learning organization.
- Be transparent, agile, innovative, and responsive.
- Engage employees and customers as strategic partners.
- Recruit, retain, and reward high performing employees.