Tennessee Archaeological Advisory Council
Meeting Details: (Revised 07/15/2022)
No meeting scheduled for July or August 2022
The Tennessee Archaeological Advisory Council consists of eleven members appointed by the Governor for five-year terms.
- Five anthropologists representing the University of Tennessee, University of Memphis, Vanderbilt University, Middle Tenessee State University and East Tennessee State University;
- One representative from the Tennessee Historical Commission;
- One representative from a recognized archaeological association in Tennessee;
- Three members of Native American descent and representative of the Native American community in Tennessee;
- One member from the public at large.
Commissioned under T.C.A. 11-6-103.
The statute authorizing this board expires June 30, 2022 and the one-year wind-down period begins.
|Dr. David Dye, Vice Chair||06-30-2025||University of Memphis|
|Charles Robinson||06-30-2025||Native American Community|
|Jan Simek||06-30-2023||University of Tennessee|
|J. Lauren Webb||06-30-2023||Public-at-Large|
|Cindy Yahola||06-30-2023||Native American Community|
|Jeremy Kaunisto||06-30-2022||Native American Community|
|Dr. Kevin Smith, Chair
||06-30-2022||Middle Tennessee State University|
|Betsey Robinson||06-30-2022||Vanderbilt University|
|Georgia Dennis||12-31-2022||Archaeological Association|
|Ann Toplovich||12-31-2022||Tennessee Historical Commission|
|Chris Widga||06-30-2026||East Tennessee State University|
This Page Last Updated: July 15, 2022 at 5:07 PM