Tennessee Archaeological Advisory Council
Meeting Details: (Revised 11/16/2023)
No meeting scheduled for December 2023
Meetings are generally scheduled for January of each calendar year.
The Archaeological Advisory Council is charged with the duty to advise the commissioner of the Department of Environment and Conservation and the State Archaeologist on all matters of policy related to the activities of the Division of Archaeology and to the employment of professional personnel. Members of the Council are appointed by the Governor to overlapping five-year terms. The Council’s composition reflects the diversity encouraged on state boards including: a member of the public, three members of a racial minority, and five women.
- Five anthropologists representing the University of Tennessee, University of Memphis, Vanderbilt University, Middle Tenessee State University and East Tennessee State University;
- One representative from the Tennessee Historical Commission;
- One representative from a recognized archaeological association in Tennessee;
- Three members of Native American descent and representative of the Native American community in Tennessee;
- One member from the public at large.
Commissioned under T.C.A. 11-6-103.
The statute authorizing this board expires June 30, 2028 and the one-year wind-down period begins.
|Dr. David Dye, Vice Chair||06-30-2025||University of Memphis|
|Charles Robinson||06-30-2025||Native American Community|
|Jan Simek||06-30-2023||University of Tennessee|
|J. Lauren Webb||06-30-2023||Public-at-Large|
|Cindy Yahola||06-30-2023||Native American Community|
|Jeremy Kaunisto||06-30-2022||Native American Community|
|Dr. Kevin Smith, Chair
||06-30-2022||Middle Tennessee State University|
|Betsey Robinson||06-30-2022||Vanderbilt University|
|Georgia Dennis||12-31-2022||Archaeological Association|
|Ann Toplovich||12-31-2022||Tennessee Historical Commission|
|Chris Widga||06-30-2026||East Tennessee State University|
This Page Last Updated: November 16, 2023 at 9:46 AM