Skip to Main Content

Tennesseans 16+: Now Eligible for a COVID-19 Vaccine
Click here for instructions on filing notices for catered events.

Consumer Education Seminar Program

Consumer Educational Seminars are permitted by the TABC and conducted by the designated retail establishment or package store for wine tasting.


  • An application requesting permission to conduct an educational seminar may be submitted by the retail establishment.
  • Application must provide a letter of permission from the owner of the property giving date and time where the event is being held allowing the retail package store to have this event on their property.
  • Application and accompanying paperwork must be delivered to the TABC office four (4) calendar days prior to the event.
  • The individuals that will be pouring the alcoholic beverages must have a server permit card that is issued by this office. Owner of retail package store must furnish the server permit card numbers when submitting the application.
  • The retail package store can only have the Consumer Education Seminars in locations that have passed liquor-by-the-drink and/or retail package stores.
  • The retail package store cannot charge at the events if the establishment where the consumer education seminar is being held does not have a Liquor by the Drink license.


  • Retail Package Store can only take orders at the event and the patron will have to take the purchase order to the retail package store to obtain the bottle(s) of alcoholic beverages.