Direct Shipper License
A Direct Shipper license allows any person, firm or corporation who holds a federal basic permit to manufacture, bottle or rectify wine, to ship that wine by common carrier to its consumers in the State of Tennessee who are over the age of twenty-one (21) and have purchased the wine directly from the direct shipper.
You can apply for this license using RLPS.
- The establishment must have a federal basic permit to manufacture, bottle or rectify wine before they can qualify for a direct shipper license.
- They must agree that all hearings, appeals and other matters relating to their license will be held in the State of Tennessee by signing a consent to jurisdiction.
- They must acknowledge in writing that they will contract with common carriers that all deliveries of wine in this state will be a face-to-face transaction to an individual who can demonstrate that they are over twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Shipments of wine must be clearly marked, visible from at least three feet (3') away with the statement "CONTAINS ALCOHOL: SIGNATURE OF PERSON OVER 21 OR OLDER REQUIRED FOR DELIVERY".
- A direct shipper cannot ship more than nine (9) liters of wine to any individual during any calendar month, or more than twenty-seven (27) liters of wine to any individual in any calendar year.