Skip to Main Content

Tennesseans 12+: Now Eligible for a COVID-19 Vaccine
Click Here to Pay for a Citation
Recent Changes to Alcohol Carryout Sales

Wholesaler Representative Permit

Each representative or salesperson of any wholesale license in Tennessee must obtain a wholesaler representative permit from the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission before soliciting orders from any retail licensee. No other person shall be allowed to solicit orders for alcoholic beverages from retail licensees, and retail licensees shall not give an order to anyone other than the holder of a wholesale representative permit.

This permit is valid 5 years from the date of issue.

You can apply for this permit using RLPS.


  • Applicant for a wholesaler representative permit must be at least 18 years of age.
  • Wholesaler representative permits must be on the person of such employee, subject to inspection by the commission or its duly authorized agent.
  • A copy of the individual’s employee permit or wholesale representative permit needs to be kept on file with the wholesaler. The actual card is kept by the employee.


  • Applicants cannot have been convicted of any offense prohibiting or regulating the sale, possession, transportation, storing, manufacturing, or otherwise handling intoxicating liquors or who has, during such period been engaged in business alone or with others, in violation of any of such laws or rules and regulations.
  • The applicant has not been convicted of any felony involving moral turpitude with the previous ten (10) years, unless their rights of citizenship have been restored, or judgment of infamy has been removed by the court of competent jurisdiction.