Retail Food Store Wine License
A retail food store wine license allows businesses such as grocery stores and convenience stores to sell wine for off-premises consumption. “Retail food store” means an establishment that is open to the public that derives at least twenty percent (20%) of its sales taxable sales from the retail sale of food and food ingredients for human consumption taxed at the rate provided in T.C.A. § 67-6-228(a) and has retail floor space of at least one thousand two hundred square feet (1,200 sq. ft.).
You can apply for this license using RLPS.
- Certificate of Good Moral Character, zoning and approved sales of wine by local option election, from the store's local jurisdiction
- Deed/Lease, Site plan(if not in lease)
- Sales & Use tax Certificate from the Department of Revenue
- Certificate of Existence from the Secretary of State Website and Corporate charter/articles of organization
- Certificate of Occupancy
- Declaration of Citizenship for all individuals of a corporate applicant.
- Application and Addendum to Application For License To Sell Alcoholic Beverages at Retail Food Store
- Federal Alcohol Dealer Registration Form (TTB F 5630.5d).
- Complete a contact form for all individuals having at least 10% ownership interest in the business and from the executive officers of a corporate applicant. (AB009)
- Affidavits regarding amount of sales taxable sales of the applicant and amount of retail floor space of the applicant
- Copies of applicant’s sales tax returns filed with the Tennessee Department of Revenue for the last complete business year
- List of officers/owners/members/partners
- List of TABC permitted designated manager or managers
- Must be part of Responsible Vendor Program.
- A copy of any management or franchise agreement, if applicable.
- Any other information that the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission may request.
- Non-refundable application fee of $400.00 due upon submission.
- License fee is $1250.00 due upon issuance.