Brewer of High Gravity Beer License
A high gravity beer brewer license allows a licensee to manufacture alcoholic beverages with an alcohol content of eight percent (8%) or greater
than eight percent (8%) by weight.
You can apply for this license using RLPS.
- You must obtain a Federal Basic Permit from the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (ttb.gov).
- A High Gravity Beer Brewery must be located in an area that meets the requirements of T.C.A. 57-2-103.
- Any representative of a brewery must have a Distiller's Representative permit before soliciting orders from any wholesaler.
- The application for a Brewer of High Gravity Beer license must be approved by the TABC commission at a regular monthly commission meeting. Completed applications must be received in RLPS at least two (2) weeks prior to the next Commission Meeting in order to be considered for placement on the next Commission Agenda.
- All applicants, including stockholders or members of an LLC, must be citizens of the United States.
- Pursuant to the Fresh Start Act, no person having an interest in a Brewer of High Gravity Beer license may have been convicted of a crime which directly relates to the business of alcoholic beverage sales.
- No applicant can have any interest in the business or building containing licensed premises of any other person having a manufacturing, wholesale, retail, or any winery license or in the fixtures of any such person.