Brewer of High Gravity Beer License
A Brewery license allows a facility to manufacture or distill alcoholic spirituous beverages with an alcohol content of eight percent (8%) or greater by weight and to sell those beverages for consumption off premise
You can apply for this license using RLPS.
- You must obtain a Federal Basic Permit from the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (ttb.gov).
- A Brewery must be located in an area that meets the requirements of T.C.A. 57-2-103.
- Any representative of a brewery must have a Distiller's Representative permit before soliciting orders from any wholesaler.
- Anyone who has ownerhip in, or participates in, either directly or indirectly, the profits of any Brewery, must be disclosed to the TABC as to the nature, extent and character thereof.
- All applicants, including stockholders or members of an LLC, must be citizens of the United States.
- No applicant can have any conviction of any offense prohibiting or regulating the sale, possession, transportation, storing, manufacuting, or otherwise handling intoxicating liquors for ten (10) years prior.
- No applicant can have any interest in the business or building containing licensed premises of any other person having a manufacturing, wholesale, retail, or any winery license or in the fixtures of any such person.
- No employee can have any felony convictions involving moral turpitude within ten (10) years, unless rights of citizenship have been restored or judgment of infamy has been removed by a court of competent jurisdiction.