Liquor-by-the-Drink - Club License
A private club license allows you to sell liquor, wine and high gravity beer on the premises of the club; and on the golf course, tennis courts and in the area immediately surrounding the swimming pool, if a club offers such amenities.
You can apply for this license using RLPS
- The private club must be in existence for two years as a non-profit organization prior to application, having at least 100 dues-paying members and organized and operated exclusively for pleasure, recreation and other nonprofit purposes.
- No part of the net earnings may benefit any shareholder or member.
- The club must own, hire or lease a building or space for the reasonable use of its members, with suitable kitchen and dining room space and equipment and sufficient employees for cooking, preparing and serving meals for its members and guests.
- No one can be compensated based on the volume of alcoholic beverages sold.
- The club may not discriminate against any patron or potential member on the basis of gender, race, religion or national origin.
- Pursuant to the Fresh Start Act, no person having an interest in an LBD license may have been convicted of a crime which directly relates to the business of alcoholic beverage sales.
- Only members of the club and its guests can be served.